Vacation Rental Insurance Designed For Airbnb & VRBO Owners

If you are considering renting your home or room as a vacation rental on Airbnb, VRBO or other short-term vacation rental site, you will want to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverage.  If you are renting out your home or a room for money, it creates a “landlord-tenant” relationship, even if it is only for a short period such as a weekend.  While some sites, like Airbnb, do offer some property protection for hosts against damage by a guest, it does not include liability insurance and your existing homeowners policy will not cover you in the event of a loss.  A vacation rental policy, also known as a short-term renters insurance policy, may cover losses for injury claims by guests, loss of belongings or damage to your home or belongings caused by a tenant.

There are many vacation rental companies, including:

  • VRBO
  • Airbnb
  • TripAdvisor
  • Hometogo
  • EasyRoommate
  • FlipKey
  • Hometogo
  • Home Exchange
  • Expedia

If you are doing business with any of these companies, call us today and we’ll work with you to get your home and belongings fully covered.

What does Short-Term Renters Insurance Cover?

A Short-Term Renters insurance policy can include:

  • Commercial Package Policy: coverage for building(s), contents, liability, and income
  • Commercial General Liability insurance coverage
  • Building(s): special cause of loss with replacement cost valuation
  • Contents: special cause of loss with replacement cost valuation
  • Income Coverage: actual loss sustained business income coverage with no time limit
  • Additional Liability coverage that includes amenities such as swimming pools, hot tubs, watercraft, bicycles, docks, and more
  • Enhancement coverage: theft, damage to your rental caused by a guest, including pet liability
  • No standard occupancy restrictions; designed for short-term rentals

Additional Coverage Options

There are additional coverage options that may be added to your Short-Term Renters insurance policy, which include:

  • Libel or slander
  • Accidental Damage
  • Wrongful eviction

Give us a call at Morning Star Agency Insurance Services or fill out the Quick Box at the top of page.  We will work with you to make sure your home and belongings are fully covered!